Manufacturing Engineering Summer 2017 Intern
Description: Sigma-Netics, an established manufacturer of pressure switches and metal bellows assemblies with facilities in Riverdale, New Jersey and Dongyang, China, has a summer internship opening for a Junior level industrial or manufacturing engineering student. The successful individual will work as a member of our manufacturing engineering team in our North Jersey facility to support the manufacturing of new and existing products. The student will gain valuable experience in areas such as fixture and tool design, workflow analysis, production cell design, generation of process travelers, time studies, etc. Products include pressure switches, transducers, aneroids, thermostats, metal bellows assemblies, and actuators for use in aerospace, military, medical, oil and gas, food, off-road equipment, etc. The successful candidate must be hands-on and possess excellent problem solving abilities, be energetic and a self-starter with strong communication skills who works well in a team environment.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering Major (Junior Level)
- Knowledge of SolidWorks highly desirable
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning a plus
- Ability to work with others in a cross functional team environment
Duration of position and compensation:
- Summer 2017, 40 hours per week, paid hourly.