Industrial Pressure Switches FREQUENTLY
1. Can we buy direct
or must we go through a distributor?
If we have a distributor in your area, we request that you contact them. Contact
our Customer Service Department for that information.
2. What is the minimum order size?
Our minimum order is $100.00 per shipment.
3. What is the normal lead time?
Our normal lead time is 4 weeks ARO. If at all possible, we will ship sooner.
4. How can I open a new account?
First time customers are either COD, Prepay, Visa, or MasterCard. When applying
for an open account, please provide credit references.
5. What are your payment terms?
Our payment terms are Net 30 days, FOB Fairfield, NJ 07004.
6. Do you accept payment by credit card?
We accept both Visa and MasterCard.
7. How do I return a switch that I think may be defective?
Contact our warranty department and request a return authorization number (RGA
#). Please note, we will not accept goods back without prior authorization.
8. Is there an extra charge to pre-set an adjustable switch?
We do not charge our customers for pre-setting adjustable switches. If you provide
your desired setpoint we will preset the switch, otherwise it is set at mid-range.
9. What is meant by "Dead Band"?
"Dead Band" is the difference between the actuation and reset values of a pressure
actuated switch. For example, a pressure switch that is set to provide a signal
(actuate) on rising pressure at 100 PSI and it returns to it's original state
(resets) on falling pressure at 90 PSIG, has a "Dead Band" of 10 PISG.
10. Over what temperature range will your switches function?
Our industrial switches are designed to function between -40 F to +250 F, some
applications have extended ranges, contact factory.
11. How are your switches wired?
Our industrial switches are designed to function between -40 F to +250 F, for extended ranges, please consult factory.
12. Can I specify a set point on rising and falling pressure at the
You may specify set point on rising pressure or falling pressure but not both
at the same time.
13. What quality program are you certified to?
Our quality system is approved under MIL-I-45208.
14. Do you stock switches?
We do not inventory completed switches. The large variations in set pressure requirements
and interface characteristics make stocking completed switches impractical.
15. Will your switches work on 110-220 VAC?
Yes, our switches will function on both AC and DC electrical circuits. They are
rated for 7 AMPS resistive at 250 VAC.
16. Are your switches field repairable?
Our industrial pressure switches are not field repairable. Our rotary actuators,
speed controls and some of the military switches are designed for depot level