Sigma‐Netics, Inc., a leader in the design and manufacturing of pressure control products with facilities in New Jersey, Virginia, and China, is seeking an experienced, self‐starter, and energetic manufacturing engineer to join the engineering team in its Riverdale, New Jersey facility.
Successful candidates applying for this position must have extensive experience in a manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Engineer will support production of existing and new products and use his/her experience and knowledge to continuously improve manufacturing in areas such as assembly processes, optimization of fixtures and tool designs, production cell design, and selection and deployment of capital equipment.
- Provide support to production, new product development, sales, and external customers.
- Improve production efficiency through the use of lean practices.
- Assist sales and product development during the quotation phase to estimate labor, fixture requirements, required equipment, human resources, training needs, and timeframe to successfully accomplish the project.
- Work hand‐in‐hand with product development engineers in new product development to optimize manufacturing, meet target costs, and performance goals.
- Plan and execute, per schedule and within budget, the transition from new product release to manufacturing by developing all required manufacturing processes, work flow, cell design layouts and deployment, tools, fixtures, test equipment, work instruction/process travelers, and operator training,
- Assemble and test prototypes and/or proof‐of‐concepts.
- Create pilot cells in the process development center (PDC) to verify production plans.
- Champion continuous process improvement initiatives to increase productivity and reduce labor costs.
- Use best practices for designing tools and fixtures by specifying optimal materials and dimensions necessary to produce safe, reliable, ergonomic, and cost‐effective designs.
- Assess project scope and develop tasks and project schedules to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Assist with facility improvements and repairs.
- Calculate workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize the facility’s workspace effectively.
- B.S. Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years using SolidWorks
- Experience in the manufacturing of small hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies such as pressure switches, valves, small pumps, or other small component assemblies
- Proven track record of designing fixtures and tools for assembly and test using GD&T
- Demonstrated knowledge of machining operations
- Ability to work with machinists
- Hands on experience assembling and troubleshooting fixtures
- Proven track record of resolving manufacturing problems
- Experience in the implementation of lean manufacturing practices
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Founded over 50 years ago, Sigma‐Netics has established a reputation of providing the most reliable and rugged pressure switches, transducers, and bellows products in the industry. Our products are used in critical and harsh environments spanning across many industries such as aerospace, military, space, marine, construction, mining, energy, transportation, nuclear, among many others.
Sigma‐Netics is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent salary commensurate with experience and education, company‐matching 401(K), continuous improvement incentive program, and medical benefits package.