Mechanical Design Engineer
Sigma-Netics, Inc., innovator in miniature pressure and vacuum switches, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Manage new product development projects from concept through initial production
- Work closely with customers, sales, and other internal resources to assess RFQ requirements and generate engineering proposals
- Develop design concepts and work with manufacturing engineering to develop means of manufacturing and cost structure
- Develop qualification test plans
- Maintain project schedules
- Lead cross-functional teams for NPD projects
The Ideal Candidate must possess:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience as a project design engineer developing similar products (e.g. pressure switches, small valves, mechanical gauges, small pumps) for the aerospace/military and industrial markets
- US citizenship
- Proficiency using SolidWorks, Pro-E, or similar CAD software
- Solid knowledge of machining operations
- Demonstrated ability to be creative
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems methodically and using sound engineering principles
- Hands-on experience working in a fast-pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With over 50 years of experience, Sigma-Netics has become an established leader in providing the most reliable and rugged miniature pressure and vacuum switches in the industry. Our pressure switches are used in the harshest of environments, spanning markets such as underground mining excavators and dump trucks to critical aerospace and military applications. Sigma-Netics is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent salary commensurate with experience and education, company-matching 401(K), continuous improvement incentive program, and medical benefits package.
Why would you be interested in working for Sigma-Netics?
With our small company culture joining our company will expose you to multiple industries across global markets. The right candidate will have the opportunity to play a major role in our global sales initiative.
Regional Sales Manager
Sigma-Netics, a leading manufacturer of pressure control products located in Riverdale New Jersey, has successfully produced sensing, switching, and control devices which serve the aerospace, off-road, oil & gas, and industrial markets for over 50 years.
We are currently seeking a high energy sales professional for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) position reporting directly to the National Sales Manager. The RSM will be responsible increasing sales in the assigned territory through an activity based sales plan. This is a remote work position with 50% travel and the ability to live anywhere in the US. The first 90 days of the position would entail frequent visits to our facility in Riverdale, NJ to learn our products and processes and get to know our team.
Our Activity Based Sales Approach is based on the following:
- # of Face-to-face customer visits
- Travelling with, managing, and working with manufacturing representative firms
- Key account management for accounts within territory
- Trade show attendance
- # of New leads generated
Additionally, the RSM will manage a team of inside and outside sales engineers, write and review sales proposals, and work with all factory stake holders to get buy in, manage programs, and drive deliverables to best respond to customer needs.
We are looking for a skilled sales professional with a minimum of 5 years of technical sales experience, experience working with manufacturing representative organizations, a proven track record of sales growth, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (ME/EE/CE preferred) or other highly technical field degree. The ideal candidate would have experience with applications in the Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Industrial Automation, Robotics, or Avionics fields, with preference given to those with experience in more than one of these fields. Applicants must understand pressure controls systems, harsh environments, and have strong oral and written communications skills.
Sigma-Netics offers a competitive salary, a Goals Based Bonus Structure, and benefits.
If you would like more information about the company, please find us at www.sigmanetics.com
Thank you again for your interest in joining our team and we look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: National Sales Manager
- Technical Sales: 5 years, minimum (required)
- Outside Sales: 2 years, minimum (preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred) or other Technical Science Field (required)