Successful candidates applying for this position must have extensive experience using manual lathes, X-Y CNC milling machines, grinding, drilling, and belt sanding equipment, among others. The selected individual will use his/her extensive experience, knowledge, creativity, and sound judgment to machine/fabricate components and assemblies to support engineering during new product development, prototype, and pilot production.
- Turning and milling of components for prototypes, proof-of-concepts, fixtures, and tools
- Assist manufacturing and design engineers in optimizing designs for machining operations
- proactively review drawings and procure the necessary tools and gauges prior to the start of each job
- Organize and maintain a safe and clean machine shop using 6S methodology
- Demonstrates mastery in machine practices and methodologies to fabricate components, tools, fixtures, etc.
- 15+ years of experience working in a prototype machine shop and fast-pace environment
- Ability to interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Demonstrated creativity, knowhow, sound judgment, and experience in resolving machining problems.
- Ability to plan and proactively ensure gauges, tools, and materials are ordered and delivered by the time the jobs are ready to commence.
- Abilty to work per priority schedules and adapt to changing priorities
- CNC programming a plus
- Willingness to learn CNC programming
Founded over 50 years ago, Sigma‐Netics has established a reputation of providing the most reliable and rugged pressure switches, transducers, and bellows products in the industry. Our products are used in critical and harsh environments spanning across many industries such as aerospace, military, space, marine, construction, mining, energy, transportation, nuclear, among many others.
Sigma‐Netics is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent salary commensurate with experience and education, company‐matching 401(K), continuous improvement incentive program, and medical benefits package.